Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: August 28, 2017
By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Service.
The Service contains: (i) materials and other items relating to Company and its products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, databases, articles, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, instructions, illustrations, photographs, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material; (ii) trademarks, logos, trade names, trade dress, service marks, and trade identities of various parties, including those of Company; and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively “Content”). All right, title, and interest in and to the Service and the Content is the property of Company or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent and/or other intellectual property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible.
If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse is to cease using the Service.
Accessing the Service and Account Security
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content, in whole or in part, to any individual user or all users, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Service or Content is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Service, or the entire Service, to users, including registered users. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Service, or upon notice from Company, all rights granted to you under these Terms of Service or any applicable Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Service and Content.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Service or portions of it using your username, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Service and Content are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- Store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- Print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Service for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- Download, display, view, use, and play the Content on a personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other internet-enabled device (each, a “Device”) solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Service or any services or materials available through the Service. The foregoing limited license (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be suspended or terminated for any reason, in Company’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
When you submit any unsolicited ideas, feedback, opinions, techniques, images, sounds, videos, or other content to us through or relating to the Service (“Submissions”), you grant us a non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable and cost-free right and license to host, store, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, combine with other materials, publish, distribute, create derivative works from, promote, exhibit, broadcast, syndicate, sublicense (including, without limitation, to third party media channels, platforms, and distributors), publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, or grant third parties the right to do any of the foregoing, all or any portion of your Submissions, for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. You further irrevocably grant us the right, but not the obligation, to use your name in connection with your Submissions. You also agree to waive any right of approval for our use of the rights granted herein and agree to waive any moral rights that you may have in any Submissions, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights.
You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section. Our receipt of your Submissions is not an admission of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair our right to existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Submissions.
You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to grant us the rights granted in this Section. You alone, though, retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your Submission and remain responsible for them.
- Use the Service if you are less than thirteen (13) years old.
- Engage in any activity in connection with the Service or Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, falsely representative of your persona, defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, invasive of someone else’s privacy, sexually explicit or that promotes pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that is otherwise objectionable.
- Harvest any information from the Service or Content.
- Interfere with the proper operation of or any security measure used by the Service or Content.
- Reverse engineer or modify the Service or Content.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Use the Content or Services in a manner that is likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Use the Content or Services in a manner that is likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Use the Service or Content for any political or commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Use the Service or Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association or is beyond the scope of the limited license granted to you.
- Use the Content or Service in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, national, foreign, supranational or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- Use the Content or Service for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Service or expose them to liability.
- Use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Service.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Service for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Service.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Service or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Service, the server on which the Service is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Service.
- Attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
The Service may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, reviews and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Service.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Service, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and Service Providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Service.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Service. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we are not required to review material before it is posted on the Service, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
- DMCA Notification.
Company responds to copyright notifications submitted under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (“DMCA”). To submit a notice of claimed copyright infringement under U.S. law, provide our designated agent with the following written information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated agent is: Chief Operating Officer, c/o Southern Ground
101 Gardner Park, Peachtree City, Georgia 30269; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can obtain further information from the Copyright Office’s online directory at www.dmca.copyright.gov/osp.
We will respond to notifications of claimed copyright infringement in accordance with the DMCA.
- Counter Notification.
If you believe that your material has been removed in error in response to a copyright notification, you may submit a counter notification to our designated agent with the following written information:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which Company may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
We will respond to counter notifications in accordance with the DMCA.
- Wireless Features.
- Location-Based Features.
- E-mails: You can opt-out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link, or contacting us here with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Your opt-out will not affect non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Company’s ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications: You can opt-out of receiving push notifications from us at any time by adjusting the permissions in your Device or uninstalling our app.
Please note that any opt-out by you is limited to the e-mail address, device, or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Service is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Service may include/includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Service
We may update the content on this Service from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Service may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Service
Third Party Services
For any purchases made through Third Party Services, such as Paypal, please contact their customer support. Their terms, conditions and policies, and not ours, apply and we do not handle returns or refund requests for purchases through those Third Party Services.
Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
If you purchase any services or products that we offer for a fee (“Paid Services”), you agree to pay the applicable fees for the Paid Services when due plus all related taxes. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase. You agree to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. Unless otherwise denoted, all fees are assessed in U.S. dollars.
We do our best to describe every product or service offered on our Service as accurately as possible. However, we are human, and therefore we do not warrant that product specifications, pricing, or other content on the Service is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications, Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. If we charged your credit card or other account prior to our cancellation, we will issue a credit to your account in the amount of the charge. Additional Terms may apply. If a product or service you purchased from Company is not as described, your sole remedy is to cancel the purchase and receive a credit for the purchase price.
All physical products purchased from the Service are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon delivery to the carrier.
You also agree that Company and any Third Party Service may store your payment information. If the payment method you use with us reaches its expiration date and you do not edit the applicable information or cancel such Paid Service, you authorize us to continue billing that payment method and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. Paid Services may be subject to additional terms, in addition to these Terms, related to the provision of the Paid Service.
Linking to the Service and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Service may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Service.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Service.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Service to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Service or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Service other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Service
If the Service contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Service, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Access to the Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Service from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Service will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY SERVICE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR ANY OTHER PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY (“COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT OR OTHER SERVICES, INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE DISCLAIMERS DO NOT EXCLUDE PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM COMPANY INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER THE ASSERTED LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, INDEMNIFICATION, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE DISLAIMERS HEREIN DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM COMPANY INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE..
This provision does not require you to indemnify us for any unconscionable commercial practice by us or for our fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Service.
Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. IT CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- We Both Agree to Arbitrate.
You and Company agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms through final and binding arbitration, except to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Company’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights). Under such circumstances Company may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Service, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described herein.
- What is Arbitration.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court and seeks to resolve disputes more quickly. Instead of a judge or a jury, the case will be decided by a neutral arbitrator who has the power to award the same damages and relief that a court can. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced.
- Arbitration Procedures.
The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute resolution provision. Arbitration shall be initiated through American Arbitration Association. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the American Arbitration Association Consumer Arbitration Rules and Procedures in front of one arbitrator. If there is a conflict between American Arbitration Association Rules and the rules set forth in these Terms, the rules set forth in this Terms will govern. The American Arbitration Association Rules are available https://www.adr.org/Rules. To initiate arbitration, you or Company must do the following things:
(1) Write a demand for Arbitration. The demand must include a description of the Claim and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a demand for Arbitration https://www.adr.org.
(2) Send a copy of the demand for Arbitration, copy of these Terms plus the appropriate filing fee by mail to: American Arbitration Association by mail to American Arbitration Association, Case Filing Services, 1101 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 100, Voorhes, NJ 08043 or file such demand online at https://www.adr.org.
(3) Send one copy of the demand for Arbitration to the other party.
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the American Arbitration Association Rules. Each party will bear their own costs of arbitration unless the arbitrator directs that bearing such costs would be an undue burden and in that case, we will pay for your portion of the arbitration administrative costs (but not your attorneys’ fees). Arbitration under this agreement shall be held in the United States in Atlanta, Georgia under Georgia law without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The arbitration may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive relief). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Authority of Arbitrator.
The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the American Arbitration Association Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Company.
- No Class Actions.
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed.
- Waiver of Jury Trial.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
- Choice of Law/Forum Selection.
In any circumstances where the Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes permits the parties to litigate in court, these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, excluding its conflict of law rules. You further expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of a court of competent jurisdiction located in Atlanta, GA.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver of Injunctive or other Equitable Relief.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND, SUCH AS ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, SUBMISSIONS, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY COMPANY OR A LICENSOR OF COMPANY.
- Consent or Approval.
No Company consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Company without being in writing and signed by an officer of Company.
The provisions of these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive termination of your use of the Service, including sections on Service Use (except for the limited license), Unsolicited Submissions, Copyright Infringement, Subscriptions and Products, Customer Support, Third Party Services, Service Features, Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law, Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties, Limitations of Our Liability, Indemnification, Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief, Updates to Terms, and General Provisions, will survive.
- Severability; Interpretation; Assignment
- Complete Agreement; No Waiver.
These Terms, and any applicable Additional Terms, reflect our complete agreement regarding the Service and supersede any prior agreements, representations, warranties, assurances or discussion related to the Service. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Company in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
- International Issues.
Company controls and operates the Service from the U.S., and Company makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S. You agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms or to any sale of goods carried out as a result of your use of the Service. Software related to or made available by the Service may be subject to export controls of the U.S., and, except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions.
- Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement.
Company reserves the right to investigate and prosecute any suspected breaches of these Terms or the Service. Company may disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- California Consumer Rights and Notices.
Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California, 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
- New Jersey Rights.
The sections on Indemnification, Limitation of Our Liability, and Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties do not apply to New Jersey residents.
- Terms Applicable for Apple iOS.
If you are using the Service through an Apple Device, the following terms apply:
(i) To the extent that you are accessing the Service through an Apple Device, you acknowledge that these Terms are entered into between you and Company and, that Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) is not a party to these Terms other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below.
(ii) The license granted to you in these Terms is subject to the permitted Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service (see: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html) and any third party terms of agreement applicable to the Service.
(iii) You acknowledge that Company, and not Apple, is responsible for providing the Service and Content thereof.
(iv) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or any support services to you with respect to the Service.
(v) To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service.
(vi) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in these Terms, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and Company, Company, and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the Service, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Service fails to confirm to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(vii) Further, you agree that if the Service, or your possession and use of the Service, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
(viii) You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(ix) When using the Service, you agree to comply with any and all third party terms that are applicable to any platform, website, technology or service that interacts with the Service.
Your Comments and Concerns
All legal notices to us must be mailed to: email@example.com.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Service should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You acknowledge that the provision of support is at Company’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. When you communicate with us electronically, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Thank you for using the Service.